Monday, June 10, 2013

Sunday - Rapid City, South Dakota to Cody, Wyoming

We began our trip back home.  We are a long way from home!  We traveled from South Dakota, to Cody, Wyoming.  There were several small towns we passed all along the way.  Mom and I were pretty disappointed with Wyoming on the first part of the trip - and then we saw another totally different area!  There is water, critters & GREEN everywhere!  The wildflower season is in full bloom.  The drive was spectacular.  We even passed several lakes, wah, no fishing for me!  But we saw several fly fishermen at all the streams and lakes we passed by.  Here's a few pics.
I have a new found love for the "Golden Arches" - it's Tea & Pee

We stayed here in Cody, haha same name as mom's campsite!

This handsome fella lives behind the motel

He has an awesome view from his stable

Historic Greybull downtown

We gave up on buffalo & began counting beefalos! (cows)



These were tiny little flowers up on top of the Pass


Water!

Above the tree line yet these flowers were growing there

Perfect bouquets



A Yeti with a snowball!

Deer




Penny, Penny, a tye dye shirt!

Everything in these parts is "historic"

We had lunch and beer here!

SO many choices!!

I had Dain stop on the I90 so I could take a pic of the snow, little did I know we'd be driving right through it!
We traveled from Cody to Jackson via YELLOWSTONE!!  We saw bunches of animals, we made it safely to Jackson, late but safe.  Everyone is asleep right now, so I better sleep too.  I will post my Yellowstone photos tomorrow.  We head to Salt Lake City, Utah in the a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment